Increasingly, personal safety and security are becoming critical concerns of international travelers. We must remind you that São Paulo is a safety city according to WHO however, as always, in a megalopolis we recommend you to be alert and careful!
We prepared a list of safety tips useful for any big cities you visit:
- Do not become complacent, even in low risk areas
- Leave your room locked at all times and ensure that your room key/card is secure
- Do not use your briefcase as a safe; lock all valuable items in your room safety deposit box.
- Do not leave baggage unattended at the airport
- Do not leave briefcases or laptops unattended in the conference venue
- Remove your congress badge when away from the congress venue as it clearly identifies you as a visitor
- Be alert if walking out alone, particularly at night
- Always look as though you know where you are going
- Do not take short cuts through dark alleys or parks
- Cover up expensive looking jewelry or leave it in your room safe
We have taken every measure to ensure your pleasant stay with us in Sao Paulo and hope this will contribute to make your participation in the World Congress memorable and scientifically rewarding.